SAME BADASS GRAPHIC, MORE BADASSNESS
Picture it: Portland, OR, 2005 - a myriad of conservative motorcycle helmets overrun the market and take to the streets, flooding the lanes with graphics that only a mother could love. Three years deep into the scene, we decided to shake things up a bit by adding skulls into the mix with help from artist Tanner “Skull Guy” Goldbeck. ICON, always the trendsetter, blows the minds of the collective masses with one resounding boom. As an unexpected 1-2 punch with a 13-year break, we bring you the Airflite Skull. Same badass graphic, more badassness.
- Meets DOT FMVSS 218 (US), ECE 22-05 (Europe), & PSC (Japan) Helmet Safety Standards. Does not ship with PSC certification stickers unless purchased from an authorized dealer in that country.
- Includes internal DropShield™ and Clear quick-change fog-free FliteShield™. Dark Smoke shield not included. The Airflite has not one, but two shields. The unique quick-change fog-free shield keeps debris away from your money maker, while the internal interchangeable drop shield has the sun in check. No more swapping shields for cloudy or sunny days. Just reach up, flip the switch, and ride forever.
- Removable HydraDry™ moisture wicking liner. The removable sweat wicking Hydradry™ liner provides a snug and contoured fit. Air from the vents is channeled between the comfort liner and the protective,energy absorbing EPS foam liner to create a nearly perfect rider-focused interior. The airflow works in conjunction with the Hydradry™ liner to effectively reduce heat build up. Combine that with superior venting and a removable breath deflector which creates a nearly perfect rider-focused enclosure.
Injection molded Polycarbonate shell for strength.
- The most common helmet fit type, the Intermediate Oval head is slightly shorter front-to-back and a little wider side-to-side.
- 4 intake vents, including a MX inspired chinbar vent, and 2 exhaust ports are coupled with deep channeling in the interior energy absorbing EPS foam resulting in superior helmet venting. The helmet’s ventilation system consists of strategically placed air vents, intakes, air channels and exhaust ports. The oversized chinbar intake enhances airflow, keeping you cool by routing air where you need it most. A decrease of both drag and weight was achieved by sculpting the traditional neckline of the Airflite to avoid jacket or suit interference.
Average - A reduced shell profile helps reduce overall weight, while maintaining the the exclusive World Standard of ICON to suit your riding style.